A yummy doggie biscuit recipe that's healthy and nutritious.
Here at Skinny Ms. we believe in feeding our best pals the same type of food we would feed to the rest of the family. That means whole foods that contain lean proteins and lots of nutrient-dense vegetables. Who needs all those unrecognizable ingredients found in commercially-made dog biscuits? This yummy doggie biscuit recipe is filled with high-quality ingredients. As a bonus, it’s super easy to make and it’s ultra-nutritious for your furry friends.
Related: How to Choose a Quality Pet Food.
Nutritional Benefits of Oats for Dogs
While flavored oats are a big no-no for dogs, we use old-fashioned oats in our doggie biscuit recipe. Oats (especially certified gluten-free varieties) are highly nutritious for dogs. They not only contain fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but they’re also a great source of plant-based protein.
The protein and fat found in oats are especially beneficially to your dog’s health. They’re easy to digest and provide them with a good balance of amino acids. Not only that, but the oats in this doggie biscuit recipe also taste great. Add in nutrient-dense vegetables and the beneficial fats from the olive oil, and you end up with great flavor and balanced nutrition. These treats are as tasty as they are nutritious!
Note: Always check with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet. Also, please be aware of any allergies your pet may have to specific ingredients. Be sure to avoid ingredients which have caused reactions in your pets in the past. If you are unsure about a specific ingredient found in one of our recipes, introduce the food to your pets in small amounts first.
Looking for More than a Treat?
Do you want to prepare your pet’s meals at home, too? If so, you should check out our incredibly popular recipe for Turkey and Veggie Dog Food Recipe. It’s made with whole food ingredients, which not only makes it nutritious, but delicious too! This pet-approved dog food is bound to become your pup’s new favorite meal.
Skinny Ms. Doggie Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (preferably gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach fresh
- 1/4 cup chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup carrots grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oats in the blender and grind into flour. In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour and Parmesan cheese. Steam spinach until slightly wilted, either in a steam basket or in the microwave with 1 tablespoon water. Drain water from spinach and add to the blender along with grated carrots and chicken broth.
- Blend until pureed. Add puree to dry ingredients along with olive oil. Combine ingredients either with a large spoon or use your hands.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a nonstick cookie sheet. Shape dough into 14-16 1-inch balls and place on the cookie sheet. Flatten the balls into 1/4-inch cookie shapes. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
How to Make Ahead: Allow the mixture to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container. You can keep these biscuits in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Or, freeze this yummy doggie biscuit recipe in a freezer-safe bag for up to two months.
For more healthy dog recipes, follow us on Pinterest.