Here at SkinnyMs. we believe in feeding our best pals whole foods without all those unrecognizable ingredients found in commercially made dog biscuits. Here’s a yummy recipe for doggie biscuits that’s easy to make and ultra nutritious.
Note: Check with your veterinarian before making any changes to your pet’s diet. Also, please be aware of any allergies your pet may have to specific ingredients and avoid ingredients which have caused reactions in your pets in the past. If you are unsure about a specific ingredient found in one of our recipes, introduce the food to your pets in small amounts first.
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats, (gluten-free if available)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 1/4 cups grated carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oats in the blender and grind into flour. In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour and parmesan cheese. Steam spinach until slightly wilted, either in a steam basket or in the microwave with 1 tablespoon water. Drain water from spinach and add to the blender along with grated carrots and chicken broth.
- Blend until pureed.Add puree to dry ingredients along with olive oil. Combine ingredients either with a large spoon or use your hands.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a nonstick cookie sheet. Shape dough into 14-16 1-inch balls and place on the cookie sheet. Flatten the balls into 1/4-inch cookie shapes. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
Allow to cool completely then store in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to two weeks. These yummy biscuits can also be frozen in a ziplock bag for up to two months.
For more healthy dog recipes follow us on Pinterest.