All you need is a slow cooker and 5 ingredients to create a creamy, spicy, and tangy dish your family will love! Our Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken gets spice from jalapenos and chili powder, tang from salsa verde, and creaminess from Greek yogurt. Best of all, you just throw it all in your slow cooker and let it do the work until the chicken is tender, juicy, and flavorful. This dish is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, so it’s perfect for anyone trying to eat clean. And since the Greek yogurt even adds extra protein, you’ll love adding it to your menu rotation.
After shredding the chicken, you can use it in any number of ways! In tacos, over rice, in a salad—however you like! You can even roll it up in tortillas and use the sauce to make enchiladas.
6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 254 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 646mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 38g | SmartPoints: 5
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded, deveined and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the yogurt. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and shred it. Then return the chicken, plus the Greek yogurt, to the slow cooker. Mix together and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve!
Other SkinnyMs. recipes you might enjoy:
What other recipes would you like us to recreate into 5-ingredients or less? Let us know in the comment section below!