This is agreat side for your holiday meals or can be paired with a roast chicken for a feel-good weekday meal.
Brussels sprouts are certainly not the most beloved vegetable, but we think that’s about to change! Our Slow Cooker Balsamic Brussels Sprouts recipe pairs the wholesome taste of this yummy green with the sweet tang of balsamic vinegar. You’ll be popping these in your mouth like candy once they’re done, and we even bet the kids will like them too!
This recipe is a great paired with a roasted chicken for a feel-good weekday meal. Brussels sprouts are packed with vitamin C and fiber and low on calories, so don’t feel bad about having seconds, or thirds!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or craisins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- Add brussels sprouts and cranberries to the slow cooker. Pour over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then add the salt and pepper. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, or high for 1 to 2 hours.
- Toss with toasted pine nuts and serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might like:
What are your favorite side dishes for the holidays? What are the best ways you have cooked brussels sprouts? Let us know in the comments section below!