Gorgeous slow cooked chicken is a dinnertime star!
With just a few simple ingredients, this slow cooker caramelized chicken is easy to prepare, but tastes impressive! After simmering in the slow cooker for several hours, the sauce becomes rich and sweet, with a savory finish that pairs well with almost any vegetable, rice side dish, or even pasta. You can use any type of chicken you want in this caramelized chicken dish for delicious results every time.
Slow Cooker Caramelized Chicken
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low-sodium or lite; optional tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours until chicken is tender. Remove from the slow cooker, lay the chicken out on a foil-lined sheet pan, and cover with the liquid from the crockpot. Broil for 4 minutes or until chicken is caramelized. Serve with your favorite vegetables.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more entrees, slow cooker dishes, and healthy dinners, don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.