With just a few simple ingredients, this slow cooker caramelized chicken is easy to prepare, but tastes impressive! After simmering in the slow cooker for several hours, the sauce becomes rich and sweet, with a savory finish that pairs well with almost any vegetable, rice side dish, or even pasta. You can use any type of chicken you want in this caramelized chicken dish for delicious results every time.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 pound | Calories: 359 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 97 mg | Sodium: 525 mg | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 35 g | Protein: 37 g | SmartPoints: 12 |
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium/lite soy sauce, optional Tamari
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours until chicken is tender. Remove from the slow cooker, lay chicken out on a foil lined sheet pan and cover with the liquid from the crockpot. Broil for 4 minutes or until chicken is caramelized. Serve with your favorite vegetables.
For more entrees, slow cooker dishes, and healthy dinners, don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.