Clean eating spaghetti that's easy to make and amazingly delish!
Made with 100% clean ingredients, our twist on classic spaghetti combines spicy homemade turkey sausage with whole wheat pasta and zesty sauce. Perfect for a cool fall or winter evening, this yummy slow cooker spaghetti recipe will leave your taste buds craving seconds, without the guilt!
Slow Cooker Spaghetti with Turkey Sausage
Serve our Slow Cooker Cheesy Spaghetti with Turkey Sausage with one of our fresh salad recipes, such as:
Slow Cooker Cheesy Spaghetti with Turkey Sausage
- 1 lb lean ground turkey sausage see recipe below
- 1 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (no sugar added)
- 8 ounces uncooked 100% whole wheat spaghetti, about 2/3 of a 13.25 oz box break into small pieces before adding to meat mixture
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Kosher or sea Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
Ingredients to Make Turkey Sausage
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or chicken
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Add all the sausage ingredients a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Cook ground turkey sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking into small pieces while cooking. Ensure the turkey loses its pink color before removing from heat. Drain, discard any fat and set aside. Combine meat with marinara.
- In a medium bowl combine cooked turkey sausage with the remaining ingredients, add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 2-3 hours or until cheese is bubbly and pasta al dente.
- Serve and sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
RECIPE SIGNUP: If you’re interested in receiving our newest and best Slow Cooker recipes via email, signup here: eNewsletter Signup.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Last updated November 3rd, 2018