Delicious dishes don’t have to be complicated! For example, check out our Easy Veggie Roast. We’ve highlighted natural flavors of all the ingredients, while making sure there’s plenty of nutrients. Since potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots are full of fiber, this recipe is hearty and filling. The peppers, onions, and asparagus are naturally juicy, so we use just a drizzle of olive oil to keep this dish low-fat. Since this recipe calls for simple seasonings, you can make it mostly with what you already have in your kitchen. In just a few minutes, you’ll have a plateful of gorgeous and delicious vegetables!
This veggie roast can hold its own as a meal, but will also taste great with our One-Skillet Chicken & Pasta. You can add or change the vegetables according to your tastes as well!
Yields: 5 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 231 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 526mg | Carbohydrates: 36g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 3 red potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- ½ bunch asparagus, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss all the ingredients in a bowl until everything is coated in olive oil and seasoning. Line a baking sheet or dish with parchment paper and layer everything evenly. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes until everything is cooked through and starting to brown.
Other recipes you will enjoy:
What are your favorite vegetables to roast? What do you think of this combination? Let us know in the comments section below!