Gnocchi are yummy Italian soft dough dumplings that are like little fluffy pillows! Our Slow Cooker Gnocchi Stew pairs gnocchi with shredded chicken, plenty of vegetables for a boost of vitamins and nutrients, Italian herbs, and coconut milk for a creamy texture. Best of all, it’s made in the slow cooker so you can leave it to cook all day and come home to a satisfying meal.
This stew is hearty and filling—perfect for dinner on a chilly night. Pair with a nice loaf of crusty bread and a tossed salad for a well-rounded meal!
Yields: 6 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 375 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 585mg | Carbohydrates: 32g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 35g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (12 ounce can) crushed tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package potato gnocchi
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Add the chicken, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, broth and seasonings to the crockpot. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Whisk together the flour and butter. When cooking is complete, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken, along with the flour/butter mixture, coconut milk, and gnocchi. Cook on high for 15 minutes, then add spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted. Serve!
What’s your favorite kind of chicken and noodle soup? Let us know in the comment section below!
Other recipes for you to try: