Pair with a nice loaf of crusty bread and a tossed salad for a well-rounded meal!
Gnocchi are yummy Italian soft dough dumplings that are like little fluffy pillows! Our Slow Cooker Gnocchi Stew pairs gnocchi with shredded chicken, plenty of vegetables for a boost of vitamins and nutrients, Italian herbs, and coconut milk for a creamy texture. Best of all, it’s made in the slow cooker so you can leave it to cook all day and come home to a satisfying meal.
This stew is hearty and filling—perfect for dinner on a chilly night. Pair with a nice loaf of crusty bread and a tossed salad for a well-rounded meal!
Slow Cooker Gnocchi Stew
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion small, diced
- 12 ounces crushed tomatoes can, drained
- 8 ounces white mushrooms package, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups chicken broth low-sodium
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi package
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Add the chicken, onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, broth, and seasonings to the crockpot. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Whisk together the flour and butter. When cooking is complete, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken, along with the flour/butter mixture, coconut milk, and gnocchi. Cook on high for 15 minutes, then add spinach. Cook until spinach has wilted. Serve!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite kind of chicken and noodle soup? Let us know in the comment section below!
Other recipes for you to try: