Craving turkey, but don’t want the hassle of cooking the whole bird? Have a go at this fabulous slow cooker Herb Crusted Turkey Breast recipe, it is the perfect size for several servings. You can enjoy it any night of the week, or prepare it for holiday celebrations. Our special mixture of savory herbs forms a delightful crust that envelopes the juicy breast meat. If you would like added moisture and flavor, quarter a large apple and onion and place them inside the cavity of the bird before cooking. After 4 or 5 hours in the slow cooker, the turkey will be tender and ready to eat. It is a savory straightforward meal that anyone can make.
Turkey dishes are often reserved for special occasions, but this dish is great for any day of the year. Turkey is lean and full of protein. It also makes a great alternative to chicken and fish. Slow cooker recipes make turkey making even easier. Prep your meal in the morning and you will have a delicious turkey dinner by evening. Quick, easy, and healthy, just like we love it!
You might also like these other Slow Cooker Recipes by SkinnyMs.
Serving Size: 1/6 of the finished recipe | Calories: 233 | Total Fat: 3 gm | Saturated Fats: 1 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 112 mg | Sodium: 119 mg | Carbohydrates: 4 gm | Dietary Fiber: 1 gm | Sugars: 1 gm | Protein: 45 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 0 |
- 2 1/2 pounds turkey breast (on the bone and had skin that we removed before eating)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Mix all the spices together in a small mixing bowl.
- Place your turkey breast on a plate and cover both sides with spices. It should be completely coated in spice mix.
- Place in slow cooker (no liquid) and cook as directed. Recommend 5-7 quart slow cooker.
- Time: 4-5 hours or until it reaches at least 165 degrees F. on a meat thermometer.
- Temp: Low
These Holiday Recipes are the perfect way to make your next family gathering something special.
For more delicious and nutritious SkinnyMs. recipes, be sure to check out the SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection.
Have you tried our Slow Cooker Herb Crusted Turkey Breast? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.