Comfort food can be healthy!
Nothing says “comfort food” like Cornbread Stuffing, just like the kind Grandma used to make. Our slow cooker cornbread stuffing is even easier though! This tasty recipe keeps things simple by not going overboard with unneeded ingredients. Chicken broth keeps the stuffing moist and flavorful, while celery gives it a nice crunch. If prefer a vegetarian version, just replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth.
Slow Cooker Cornbread Stuffing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery diced, about 6 stalks
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 6 - 7 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- In a large skillet add oil and cook celery and onion on medium-low heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Combine in a large mixing bowl cornbread crumbs, black pepper and salt. Add all remaining ingredients to cornbread mixture, stir well.
- Lightly spray the inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add cornbread mixture and spread evenly. Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
- For additional browning, pre-heat oven to broil, use oven mitts and remove, oven safe, slow cooker insert, place on the middle oven rack. Broil 5 - 8 minutes or until desired color is reached.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’d you think of this tasty slow cooker cornbread stuffing? Be sure to let us know in the comment section!
Do you like to fix it and forget it? Check out these other Slow Cooker Recipes by Skinny Ms.