What meal is more nostalgic than chicken noodle soup?
What meal is more nostalgic than chicken noodle soup? Everyone’s mom has their own beloved version. In fact, there are a million chicken soup recipes out there—but we know you’ll enjoy our Slow Cooker Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s full of vegetables, creamy thanks to coconut milk, and so easy to make you’ll wonder why you never made it this way before. We’ve also used whole grain noodles to keep it wholesome and healthy.
You will love this recipe so much that it becomes your go-to on chilly nights or when someone is under the weather! To make it even more of a nostalgic treat, try it with our Clean Eating Grilled Cheese recipe!
Slow Cooker Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts large
- 1 cup corn frozen
- 2 cups peas frozen
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth, low-sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk canned
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons onions minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups whole-grain noodles cook according to package instructions
- Combine everything, but the noodles, in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on for low 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred then return to slow cooker along with the cooked noodles. Heat an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Kleinworth & Co.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What do you include in your chicken noodle soup to make it special? How did this recipe stack up? Let us know in the comments section below!