What meal is more nostalgic than chicken noodle soup? Everyone’s mom has their own beloved version. In fact, there are a million chicken soup recipes out there—but we know you’ll enjoy our Slow Cooker Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s full of vegetables, creamy thanks to coconut milk, and so easy to make you’ll wonder why you never made it this way before. We’ve also used whole grain noodles to keep it wholesome and healthy.
You will love this recipe so much that it becomes your go-to on chilly nights or when someone is under the weather! To make it even more of a nostalgic treat, try it with our Clean Eating Grilled Cheese recipe!
Yields: 6 cups | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 267 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1100mg | Carbohydrates: 26g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 19g | SmartPoints: 9
- 3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups whole grain noodles (cook according to package instructions)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Combine everything, but the noodles, in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on for low 6 hours. Remove chicken and shred then return to slow cooker along with the cooked noodles. Heat an additional 5 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Kleinworth & Co.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What do you include in your chicken noodle soup to make it special? How did this recipe stack up? Let us know in the comments section below!