This is guaranteed to become a regular for your slow cooker rotation.
Tired of the same old dinner staples? We know typical meal genres can feel played out, so we’re cooking up Thai-Mexican fusion! This Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Verde Chicken has everything. Mango and coconut milk add subtle sweetness, while salsa verde brings a spicy kick. Since it’s naturally creamy and delicious, you’ll never believe there is no dairy or gluten in it! Cumin, chili powder, and jalapeno naturally aid in digestion, so this meal is a great detox. Plus, the fresh fruit and veggies provide all kinds of vital nutrients, so you can feel good about how yummy it is. Best of all, it’s made in the slow cooker, so meal prep is quick and easy.
This is guaranteed to become a regular for your slow cooker rotation. Thai-Mexican is definitely the food genre of the future!
Slow Cooker Mango Salsa Verde Chicken
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 mango peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 14 ounces lite coconut milk can
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Place the chicken, mango, and bell peppers into the slow cooker. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a bowl then pour over the chicken, mango, and peppers.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours. Remove chicken and shred it. Return chicken to slow cooker and mix in.
- Serve on top of brown rice, garnished with cilantro.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
What are your favorite food fusions? What types of ethnic foods do you like to mix together? Let us know in the comment section below!