Chocolate Lava Cake sounds like a dessert too decadent for a clean eating regimen. But, you’re in luck! We’ve changed this classic naughty dessert into a simple, healthy treat!
Rev up your slow cooker, pull out four quick and simple ingredients, and you’ll have spoonfuls of this hot, gooey chocolate cake ready to enjoy by dinnertime!
If you’ve never cooked a cake in a slow cooker before, the process may surprise you with how simple it is. The slow cooker bakes the most tender, moist treats. But, different slow cookers will cook with different finish times. So, the first time you make a cake in your slow cooker, you’ll want to stay close to ensure your first crockpot cake isn’t overcooked!
*just the molten lava cake, without ice cream Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/8th of cake | Calories: 240 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 7 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 106 mg | Sodium: 25 mg | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 28 g | Protein: 7 g |
*molten lava cake and banana ice cream Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/8th of cake and 1/8 ice cream | Calories: 306 | Previous Points: 6 | Points Plus: 9 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 106 mg | Sodium: 25 mg | Carbohydrates: 53 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 37 g | Protein: 8 g |
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup very dark chocolate, finely chopped
- FOR THE ICE CREAM (optional)
- 4 ripe bananas, frozen
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cocoa powder, and maple syrup. Pour into a 4 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with chopped chocolate.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours, or on low for 2-3 hours. Crockpot times will vary, so start checking your cake around 1 1/2 hours. You'll know it's done when the center is set, and springs back to the touch.
- As soon as the cake is done, unplug the crockpot, and keep the cake covered until ready to serve.
- PREPARE YOUR TOPPING:
- For the ice cream topping, use a hi-speed blender (like a Vitamix) to blend together frozen bananas and cacao until soft and creamy OR top bowlfuls of the hot cake with Skinny Ms. Whipped Toppingl or Skinny Ms. Soft Serve.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. Dessert Recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.