You'll want to make it again and again.
This Slow Cooker Mushroom Soup is everything you love about a creamy mushroom soup. And since we made it with healthy ingredients and easy preparation, you’ll want to make it again and again. The mushroom flavor beautifully complements the onions, garlic, herbs, and white balsamic vinegar. Plus, skim milk and Greek yogurt give it that creamy texture without adding extra fat and calories. This mushroom soup makes a full meal all alone. However, we recommend serving with crusty bread, or even accompanying our Clean Eating Grilled Cheese!
Slow Cooker Mushroom Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion medium, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups mushrooms sliced (button mushrooms work best)
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Saute until mushrooms are tender. Add the balsamic vinegar and simmer until vinegar has reduced by half.
- Transfer to slow cooker and add vegetable broth, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- During the last 15 minutes of cooking time, whisk together milk, corn starch, and yogurt. Add to the soup and whisk until smooth. Continue to cook for the last 15 minutes to allow the soup to thicken.
- Remove about half of the soup and transfer to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and return to the remaining unblended half. Add the dry dill and stir to mix well. Ladle into bowls and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are your favorite slow cooker soups? Share yours with us in the comments so we can hear what you think!