Get ready to cheer the arrival of fall because we’ve combined two of the season’s best offerings into one delicious and hearty, skinny meal! This slow cooker Pumpkin Soup recipe combines your favorite pumpkin pie flavors with a hint of apple for sweetness in one low-calorie recipe. Enjoy!
Yields: 10 Cups | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 66 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 287 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints: 2 |
- 1 (1-1/2 to 2 pound butternut squash or sugar pumpkin or about 6- 8 cups cubed) peeled and cubed (Sugar pie pumpkins are best if available)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced (recommend a sweet apple like Honey Crisp)
- 2 cups chicken stock, low-sodium (vegetable broth is optional)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 2-3 cups milk. low-fat milk was used in this recipe. Note: skim milk is NOT recommended (use more or less milk depending on thickness preferred), the amount of milk will depend on desired consistency of soup. If you like soup a little on the thinner side, add 3 cups of milk.
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Cook the first part of the ingredients in your slow cooker on low for 4 hours. Recommend 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- When the pumpkin is soft and cooked through, use a hand blender, immersion blender, or food processor to blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on top when serving, if desired.
- *If canned pumpkin is used, use 2 (15-ounce) cans.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.