All the flavor of chicken enchiladas in a slow cooker soup!
Enjoy all the flavor of Chicken Enchiladas in slow-cooker soup. This scrumptious skinny soup takes no time at all to toss together. From start to slow-cook, you only need 15 minutes to prep and mix all of the ingredients. Then set it and forget it! When it’s time for dinner, all you need to do is shred the chicken and ladle heaping spoonfuls of this deliciously healthy dish into your dinner bowls.
Though we’ve topped our Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Enchilada Soup with homemade whole-grain corn tortilla strips, you can save prep time by topping your soup with a variety of healthy choices. Diced avocados taste absolutely incredible on top of this soup. A spoonful of fresh pico de gallo, diced jalapenos, or shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese are some other tasty options. Mix, match, and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 14 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 14 ounces kidney beans can, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 14 ounces fire-roasted diced tomatoes can, with juice
- 4 ounces diced green chilies can, or tomatillo salsa
- 1 yellow onion peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth organic
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 cup whole-grain tortilla chips or strips (optional)
- Place chicken breast, black beans, kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes, green chilies, and onion in a large 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pour chicken broth and enchilada sauce over the top of the pot.
- Sprinkle with taco seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken from the slow cooker.
- Shred with two forks, then return chicken to the soup. Stir until well mixed. Serve soup topped with cilantro and tortilla strips, if desired. Or top with other optional garnishes (see note section below).
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have a favorite recipe that you’d like to give the Skinny Ms. healthy treatment? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you about this article or anything else you’d like to see on Skinny Ms.