Enjoy all the flavor of Chicken Enchiladas in slow-cooker soup. This scrumptious skinny soup takes no time at all to toss together. From start to slow-cook, you only need 15 minutes to prep and mix all of the ingredients. Then set it and forget it! When it’s time for dinner, all you need to do is shred the chicken and ladle heaping spoonfuls of this deliciously healthy dish into your dinner bowls.
Though we’ve topped our Slow Cooker Skinny Chicken Enchilada Soup with homemade whole-grain corn tortilla strips, you can save prep time by topping your soup with a variety of healthy choices. Diced avocados taste absolutely incredible on top of this soup. A spoonful of fresh pico de gallo, diced jalapenos, or shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese are some other tasty options. Mix, match, and enjoy!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 308 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 912mg | Carbohydrates: 41g | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 25g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 (14-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14-ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles or tomatillo salsa
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup whole grain tortilla chips or strips (optional)
- Place chicken breast, black beans, kidney beans, corn, diced tomatoes, green chilies, and onion in a large 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pour chicken broth and enchilada sauce over the top of the pot.
- Sprinkle with Taco Seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 4-6 hours. Just before serving, remove chicken from the slow cooker.
- Shred with two forks, then return chicken to the soup. Stir until well mixed. Serve soup topped with cilantro and tortilla strips, if desired. Or top with other optional garnishes (see note section below).
Have a favorite recipe that you’d like to give the SkinnyMs. healthy treatment? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you about this article or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs.