Each spoonful is packed with smoky, Texas-inspired flavors!
What is the official dish of Texas? You guessed it. Chili con carne. In the spirit of traditional Texas Chili, there are no beans in this recipe. Lean beef provides plenty of protein. The ancho chili powder gives this chili its smoky flavor.
Slow Cooker Texas Chili
- 2 pounds lean beef chuck cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion minced
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 chopped green chiles can, drained
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups beef stock fat-free and low-sodium
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice cans
- green onions chopped, for topping
- Greek yogurt fat-free, for topping
- Toss the cubed beef chuck with the flour. Add the oil to the pan and sear the beef until browned on all sides. Add the onions and jalapeños. Cook until vegetables are soft and add the garlic. Cook for one more minute and transfer the mixture to your slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir.
- Cook the chili on low heat for 7-8 hours until chili is thick and rich. Serve with desired toppings.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.