You don’t have to take a trip to Italy to enjoy its flavors.
Take yourself straight to Italy’s coast with this Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken recipe — without having to leave the house! This dish gets its phenomenal flavors from garlic, onion, balsamic vinegar, herbs, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichokes. All these yummy ingredients come together in your slow cooker, so you don’t have to worry about dinner.
Serve these flavorful Tuscan chicken breasts as is, or over some whole grain pasta with a nice glass of your favorite wine. You don’t have to take a trip to Italy to eat like you did any night of the week!
Slow Cooker Tuscan Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts (approximately 40 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion medium, thinly sliced (not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar for gluten-free use White Balsamic Vinegar which doesn't have caramel coloring
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 8 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, in oil jar, drained
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts jar, drained
- Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken breasts, salt and pepper to each breast, put sliced onion on top of chicken then put in all the garlic cloves and dried herbs.
- Pour in vinegar and top with canned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over whole-grain pasta.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other Italian-inspired recipes you might enjoy:
What are your favorite Italian dishes? Let us know in the comments!