Winter vegetables are a slow cooker hit!
While many vegetables don’t hold up well in the slow cooker, hearty winter veggies like squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes are perfect for simmering all day, like they do in this easy winter vegetable medley. Full of fiber, this slow cooker vegetable dish gets amazing flavor from fresh herbs. It’s the perfect side to a hearty winter roast beef, or served with a roasted chicken or turkey.
Slow Cooker Winter Vegetable Medley
- 2 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 1/2 cups butternut squash or acorn squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato peeled and chopped
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- chives or parsley, chopped (optional for garnish)
- Put all of the ingredients in a slow cooker pot. Cover and cook over low heat for 4-6 hours, until vegetables are very tender. Top with chopped parsley or chives, if using. Serve with your favorite protein.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms