You haven’t had hummus quite like this before! Spicy Pumpkin Hummus is perfect for parties or get-togethers. Serve a batch of this uniquely-flavored spicy treat with toast, as a dip for apples & veggies, or with a plate of whole wheat pita bread.
The key ingredient in most hummus recipes, is tahini, which is a paste made from hulled sesame seeds. When opening a can of tahini, you will notice the oils are separated from the ground seeds and has an appearance similar to natural peanut butter. Simply stir the tahini and enjoy in a batch of Spicy Pumpkin Hummus.
Yields: 2-1/4 cups | Serving Size: 2 tablespoons | Calories: 41 | Total Fat: 3.2 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 8 mg | Carbohydrates: 3.1 g | Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g | Sugars: 0.8 g | Protein: 0.9 g | SmartPoint: 1 |
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup Tahini (sesame seed paste or sesame butter), stir before using
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well blended. Pour into a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate 2 to 8 hours before serving. If desired, drizzle with additional extra-virgin olive oil before serving.
- Serve with toasted whole wheat pita bread wedges, as a veggie dip, or with whole wheat crackers.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.