It’s that time of year again – Tailgating Season! Tailgating is a great way to create memories with your friends and family, but often times tailgating menus are full of fat and calories. Not to worry! With our recipe for spicy meatballs, you can bring a dish that everyone is sure to love, without sacrificing your clean-eating lifestyle.
We chose to make these meatballs with ground turkey because turkey has significantly fewer calories than beef.
Serve this meatball recipe with your favorite dipping sauce for sure-fire crowd pleaser! Try our SkinnyMs. Barbecue Sauce.
Yields: 40 small meatballs | Serving Size: 3 meatballs | Calories: 139 | Total Fat: 4.1 g | Saturated Fat: 1.5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 84 mg | Sodium: 351 mg | Carbohydrates: 2.5 g | Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 22.1 g | SmartPoints: 2 |
- 1 cup of whole wheat bread, cubed
- 3 lbs (lean) ground turkey (optional, lean ground chicken)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- ¾ cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, onions, bread cubes, spices, and cheese. Using your hands, blend the ingredients together. Finally, add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, form mixture into approximately 40 meatballs (approximately 1 ½ inch in diameter).
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (or until cooked through).
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Meal planning just got easier! Take the stress out of planning healthy meals your family will love. Try eMeals!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.