Few meals say light and refreshing like spring greens with strawberries. This dish will satisfy your taste buds, but it’s also packed with superfoods, making it a smart choice when you’re focused on staying fit. Need another reason to include this recipe in your meal planning? It’s super simple—just slice the ingredients and your light meal or side dish is good to go. Try Spring Greens with Strawberries and Candied Pecans this week.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of salad | Calories: 211 | Total Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 17 mg | Sodium: 111 mg | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Dietary Fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 4 cups spring mix of leafy greens
- 2 cups Romaine heart lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in natural juices, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup Candied Pecans for garnish, recipe for Candied Pecans
- Combine all the above ingredients in a large salad bowl, drizzle with 1/2 cup White Balsamic Vinaigrette or other salad dressing, toss to combine.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., like this salad with strawberries and pecans, check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.