When we think of spring and summer salads, we envision chilled greens and clean, fresh tastes. Our Spring Mix Salad with Roasted Pears and Feta fits this bill to a “t”. The combination of sweet roasted pear and salty feta cheese creates fireworks on the palate. We recommend drizzling this Spring Mix salad with White Balsamic and Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 2 cups | Calories: 108 | Total Fat: 0 g | Saturated Fats: 0 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 429 mg | Carbohydrates: 24 g | Dietary fiber: 4 g | Sugars: 11 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 8 cups spring mix
- 1 small red onion, sliced in half, thinly slice each half
- 2 medium Bosc Pears, peeled, seeded and sliced into small wedges, about 8 per pear
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles, fat-free
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss pear wedges with oil and place flat side down, on a non-stick cookie sheet. Roast pears for 10 minutes, turn over and roast 10 additional minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Combine spring mix, onion and pears in a large salad bowl, sprinkle with feta and serve.