This easy spring salad recipe is an elegant and impressive starter that is as healthy as it is pretty. This salad in an avocado dish is easy to prepare and makes a nice lunch or healthy snack on its own. Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand to customize it to your liking. Whatever you use, with one bite, you’ll know that spring has finally arrived.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 avocado|Calories: 281| Total Fat: 27 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 22 mg | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints: 10
- 1 cup baby kale, finely shredded
- 2 radishes, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup pea pods, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- Sprouts, for serving
- Salt and pepper
- Toss the kale, radishes and pea pods in a bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, honey, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with the salad.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Fill the avocado with the dressed salad and top with sprouts before serving.
Warm weather is finally here! Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest spring and summer recipes from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.