Say goodbye to boring, flavorless side dishes!
We all know how important it is to eat several servings of veggies each day, right? After all, they’re loaded with essential vitamins that our bodies need to be healthy! Healthy vegetable recipes certainly don’t have to be boring and flavorless, though. Our recipe for Stir-Fried Green Beans proves that! It has it all, combining incredible flavors with nutrient-rich ingredients.
You Want Me to Add Radishes to Stir-Fried Green Beans?
Not a fan of radishes? You’re certainly not alone, but we strongly encourage you to give them another chance in this Stir-Fried Green Beans with Radishes recipe. Personally, I love radishes in any form. I’ve even been known to slice them up and eat them as a chip substitute since they’re so crunchy and flavorful.
Raw radishes tend to have a peppery bite that some people find off-putting. If that sounds like you, try cooking them instead. Cooked radishes take on a milder, nuttier flavor, and they also lose their spiciness.
No Cooking Oil Required!
Because we use a non-stick pan to prepare this recipe, no added oil is needed for cooking. However, we do drizzle the finished dish with toasted sesame oil for several reasons.
First, it adds an interesting dimension and a ton of flavor to the finished dish. Second, it allows you to limit the amount of fat in the recipe because a little goes a long way, so less is needed. Finally, toasted sesame oil complements the nutty flavor of the cooked radishes.
It’s worth noting that you should only use toasted sesame oil for finishing a dish, for salad dressings, or uncooked sauces. Toasted sesame oil has a lower smoke point (the point at which oil burns) than regular sesame oil or a blend, so you should never use it for cooking.
The Perfect Pairing
Now that you have the basics, it’s time to give these Stir-Fried Green Beans a try. You can serve them as a side dish to several different entrees, including chicken, turkey, fish, and more! Consider any of these delicious recipes:
- 5-Ingredient Apple Cider Braised Chicken
- Foolproof Maple Garlic Turkey Breast
- Savory Lemon White Fish Fillets
Stir-Fried Green Beans with Radishes
- 1 pound red radishes stems and root ends removed, quartered
- 1/2 onion small, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or coconut aminos, low-sodium
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil toasted
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- Preheat non-stick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add radishes, onions, and soy sauce.
- Stir fry for 5-6 minutes, until the radishes start to brown slightly and become tender.
- Add green beans and cook an additional 3-4 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Remove from heat, add sesame oil, sesame seeds, and red chili flakes, if using.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Are you now a fan of radishes after trying this recipe? If so, try these Roasted, Spiced Radishes!
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your in-box? First, subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Then, follow us on Instagram and Pinterest to not only get fantastic healthy recipes, but also to receive exercise tips, meal plans and much more!