Here's your new favorite veggie side!
After years of testing recipes, exploring flavors, and digging deep into the variety of healthy and flavorful foods at our fingertips, you may be wondering what some of our favorite healthy eating short-cuts are. One of our favorite easy ways to enjoy delicious, healthy food with minimal time in the kitchen is to choose a clean, whole food that’s bursting with inherent flavor, and let it sing, on its own, without dousing it in sauce or spicing and flavoring it until its true flavors are obscured.
The radish is a perfect example of a vegetable that has so much flavor built into it naturally, we almost hate to distract from its naked appeal with extra ingredients and complicated cooking methods. Radishes have a crispy texture and a zesty, almost spicy flavor. When cooked, their flavors mellow and sweeten for a perfect taste. We simply toss our radishes with extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes, until the radishes turn a beautiful golden brown. The roasting process keeps the natural flavors intact, and the red pepper flakes and garlic serve to enhance what we already love about this little root veggie.
And with an easy preparation, you’ll want to add this healthy vegetable side dish to every meal. Its abundant vitamin C, fiber, and phytonutrients make it a clean eating winner that boasts flavor as well as health benefits.
Roasted Spiced Radishes
- 24 radishes halved or quartered (depending on the size)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 rosemary twigs fresh
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (amount depends on the heat of the pepper)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper freshly-cracked
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the radishes in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Mix the mixture with the radish well.
- Transfer the radishes to a baking pan.
- Roast the radishes for 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Roasted Vegetable Recipes:
Get clean eating recipes, innovative new workouts, and healthy lifestyle tips delivered right to your inbox with our newsletter! And for even more Skinny Ms., check out our Facebook and Pinterest to stay informed!
We need your feedback! Go to the comments section to let us know what you think of this article, and tell us what you’d like to see more of!