Summer perennially feels like the start of something new. We instinctively want to eat better and improve our lives, but finding fresh and healthy meals that we’ll return to again and again can be difficult. When toss fresh, seasonal veggies with a scrumptious buttermilk dressing made with Greek yogurt and fresh herbs, you end up with a spring salad dish that you’ll soon turn into a lunchtime staple. Add some grilled shrimp for extra protein, and you’ve got a complete meal.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 salad and 3 tablespoons dressing|Calories: 213| Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 21 mg | Sodium: 181 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 6-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh peas (or use frozen)
- 6 thin stalks asparagus, chopped
- Sprouts, for garnish
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a jar or container with a lid. Shake until well combined. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper (be generous with the pepper!) Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve; it will last about 3 days.
- When ready to serve, toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl and top with the dressing. Garnish with the sprouts.