Cut the carbs from your diet with this classic dish with a twist!
Most people think a carb-free diet is really difficult, because that limits your options drastically. However, that’s not the case. Now, more than ever, there are tons of options that can substitute items like rice, bread, spaghetti, and much more. You can use the items just like you would prepare any carb and have an equally delicious meal! This super easy cauliflower fried rice is a great example of that.
Instead of using rice, you can use cauliflower “rice” and eliminate all those carbohydrates from rice that give you a bloated feeling after eating a meal such as fried rice. It is made just like you would make Asian-style fried rice and tastes just as good. You won’t even know you are missing out on the rice! Simply, pan-fry mixed veggies along with the seasoning, including red pepper flakes, black pepper, and soy sauce. Clean up your diet with this simple and healthy recipe!
Super Easy Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion small, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables frozen, diced (defrost before using)
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lite soy sauce more or less to taste
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onions and mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain off any liquid and add remaining ingredients. Stir-fry until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you are looking for more ways to adopt a clean diet, like us on Facebook, follow us on Pinterest, and subscribe to our newsletter!
This sounds really yummy. I usually add a lightly scrambled egg at the end of cooking. Would this and/ or a little cooked chicken work in this recipe to add protein for a main-dish meal?
Lynn, Definitley! Sounds yummy.
Also adding some edemame:)
I made this tonight for the first time. It was so good my husband ate two heaping plates!