These little nuts pack in a whole lot of bold, mouthwatering flavor.
Sweet and spicy might sound like opposing flavors; but in this recipe, they unify as a tasty match-made in heaven. Coated with savory sweetness from maple syrup along with fiery zest from the cayenne pepper and chili powder, these little nuts pack in a whole lot of bold, mouthwatering flavor.
This recipe is a breeze to make, and the perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth or craving for something indulgent. Not to mention, these fragrant nuts come with a list of nutritional properties to offer. Not only are they loaded with protein helping you feel full, their low-glycemic profile helps stabilize your blood sugar levels and offer slow-burning energy. The mix makes the perfect appetizer to hold guests over until dinner, while spicing up any party or festive gathering. Your guests will go nuts over them!
Sweet and Spicy Nuts
- 1 cup pecan halves raw
- 1 cup almonds raw
- 1 cup hazelnuts or macadamia nuts, raw
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil optional coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Mix olive oil, maple syrup, salt, cayenne pepper, salt, and chili powder in a bowl until combined, and then toss in the nuts to coat evenly.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to move nuts around.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms