Sweet and spicy might sound like opposing flavors; but in this recipe, they unify as a tasty match-made in heaven. Coated with savory sweetness from maple syrup along with fiery zest from the cayenne pepper and chili powder, these little nuts pack in a whole lot of bold, mouthwatering flavor.
This recipe is a breeze to make, and the perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth or craving for something indulgent. Not to mention, these fragrant nuts come with a list of nutritional properties to offer. Not only are they loaded with protein helping you feel full, their low-glycemic profile helps stabilize your blood sugar levels and offer slow-burning energy. The mix makes the perfect appetizer to hold guests over until dinner, while spicing up any party or festive gathering. Your guests will go nuts over them!
Yields: 12 Servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup | Calories: 155 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 59mg | Carbohydrates: 6g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 3g | SmartPoints: 5 |
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts or macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, optional coconut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
- Mix olive oil, maple syrup, salt, cayenne pepper, salt and chili powder in a bowl until combined and then toss in the nuts to coat evenly.
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to move nuts around.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.