When we think of crunchy tacos and juicy burgers, health food doesn’t usually come to mind. There are lots of satisfying ways to eliminate all of the extra calories and unhealthy ingredients found in traditional recipes, and this fabulous taco burger recipe is sure to please. Now, you can have two of your favorite dishes combined in one satisfying taco burger meal. Made with just the right amount of zesty ingredients, this is one taco burger delicacy that shouldn’t be missed. With SUPERFOOD ingredients, like Greek yogurt, spicy jalapeños, and creamy avocados, this recipe not only tastes great, but is great for your body, too!
Be sure to try this Taco Burger recipe with a side of our Sweet Potato Fries.
Yields: 4-6 servings | Serving Size: 1 burger |Calories: 218 | Total Fat: 11.4 g | Saturated Fat: 2.7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 23 mg | Sodium: 135 mg | Carbohydrates: 19.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g | Sugars: 3.4 g | Protein: 11.4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1.5 lbs ground chuck
- 3 T taco seasoning mix, seasoning recipe
- 3 T diced pickled jalapeños
- 5 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- Whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 oz bag shredded lettuce
- 1 c Greek yogurt, low-fat
- 1 T minced fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- Combine ground chuck, taco season- ing mix and jalapeños. Shape mixture into 4 patties. Grill over med-high heat, for 6 min per side, or until internal temperature reaches 160°. Top each patty with 1 slice cheese. Spread desired amount of Chipotle Cream on buns. Top each bun with 1 patty, sliced avocado, tomato and lettuce.
- Chipotle Cream Recipe: Combine Greek yogurt, cilantro and chipotle chili. Cover, and chill for up to 3 days.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.