This recipe is a surefire hit at your next dinner party!
This Texan version of the extravagant hors d’oeurve makes a brilliant appetizer that won’t break your bank! Typical Texas caviar consists of a black-eyed pea salad dressed in vinaigrette. Our recipe kicks it up a couple notches with a spectrum of crunchy, juicy veggies that pack a flavor punch.
Nutrient-rich whole foods like avocado, red onions, bell peppers, corn kernels and jalapenos are sliced, diced, and whisked together in a delectable mixture of olive oil, lime juice, and savory spices. Pair the colorful dish with some baked tortilla chips, and you’ve got a surefire hit at your next dinner party!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed (about 1 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne (for spicier flavor)
- 15 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 3/4 cup corn kernels completely thawed if frozen or from boiled and cooled corn cobs
- 1/2 cup red onions diced
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 to 2 jalapeños optional, more or less depending on spiciness desired, stemmed, seeded, and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Whisk oil, lime, salt, paprika, and pepper together.
- Toss all of the other ingredients with the dressing.
- Serve as a dip for baked tortilla chips or as a small salad.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site.