Dive into this easy, ooey-gooey, low-carb casserole any night of the week!
Busy week ahead? Allow our ooey-gooey, savory chicken bacon ranch casserole to relieve a little bit of the weight off of your shoulders! This cheesy and creamy recipe tastes super decadent, but it’s actually made with healthy ingredients. It takes about 45 minutes to make however because it makes multiple servings, but that means you can enjoy the leftovers for a few nights in a row. And believe us, this dish just as good the next night (and the night after that!).
Casseroles are also a great choice for meal-prepping. If you don’t have the 45 minutes to spare on weeknights, prepare this chicken bacon ranch casserole on the weekend and simply reheat it whenever you need a quick and healthy meal! Just be sure to enjoy it all within three to four days, or you can store it in the freezer for up to six months.
Not Your Average Carb-Heavy Casserole
Most casseroles are laden with carbs, fat, and calories. So, our decision to use cauliflower rice instead of pasta or rice allows this recipe to qualify as low-carb! With only 11 grams per serving, it’s a wonderful option for low-carb and keto dieters, as well as anyone just trying to shed some excess pounds.
Low-carb isn’t the only thing that makes this dish a healthy choice, either! Each serving also offers 32 grams of protein. Protein is an essential nutrient in your diet that helps to control your appetite and assists in maintaining and building lean muscle. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that this particular high-protein meal happens to taste amazing, too!
Using ranch seasoning instead of dressing also cuts down on fat and calories. We’ve chosen to make our own ranch seasoning instead of using a store-bought packet. Why? Because making something yourself instead of buying a packaged option is the best way to know exactly what you’re consuming. Would you have been able to list all the ingredients in the seasoning packet? Probably not. Knowing exactly what you’re putting in your body is an invaluable tool when it comes to living your healthiest life. We highly recommend taking the homemade route whenever possible.
Make Our Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
As the oven preheats, grease a 9×9-inch casserole dish and set it aside. Grab a large skillet and cook the bacon until it’s nice and crisp, about five 5 minutes. Once it’s cooked to your liking, remove the bacon from the pan but leave the drippings behind.
Add the chicken breast chunks, garlic powder, onion powder, and half a teaspoon of the kosher salt to the pan with the bacon drippings. Cook the chicken fully, until there is no longer any pink in the center. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cauliflower rice.
Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, egg yolk, buttermilk powder, dried dill weed, dried chives, shredded mozzarella cheese, and frozen spinach in a large mixing bowl. Note that the egg yolk is optional, but it adds richness to the sauce. We highly recommend adding it in!
Place the chicken mixture into the greased baking dish before spooning the cheese mixture evenly over the top of the chicken. Once you sprinkle it with the shredded cheddar cheese, it will be ready to go into the oven. Bake the casserole for 15 minutes.
Remove the dish from the oven and add the cooked bacon pieces to the top. Bake the casserole for an additional 10 minutes, until it’s hot, bubbly, and ooey-gooey! Let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving to give it time to cool and settle.
Low-Carb Side Dishes, Anyone?
One great thing about casseroles is that you don’t need any sides, as it’s already a total meal-in-one! However, sometimes you just want a little more volume in your meal. Our delicious side dishes will provide you with a heartier meal that’s still good for you, too. Try any of these:
The Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
- 6 turkey bacon slices cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 4 cups cauliflower rice uncooked
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt optional, sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk powder optional
- 1 egg yolk (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pound frozen spinach thawed and squeezed to remove excess water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×9 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the pan but leave the drippings behind.
- Add the chicken, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt to the pan. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the cauliflower rice.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, egg yolk, buttermilk powder, dried dill weed, dried chives, shredded mozzarella cheese, and frozen spinach.
- Add the chicken mixture to the bottom of the prepared baking dish and spoon the cheese mixture over top, smoothing it out in an even layer. Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add the reserved bacon to the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until bubbly and warmed through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
After you give this scrumptious chicken bacon ranch casserole a try, be sure to share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!