We can’t think of a salad that adds more antioxidants, and color, to your plate than this one! Blueberries are a standout superfood, with numerous antioxidants and phytonutrients, and a hearty dose of fiber. Tomatoes contain lycopene and vitamin C, and their flavor is complemented perfectly by sweet fennel, a vegetable with a taste reminiscent of anise. It’s a unique salad that will wow your guests with its fabulous presentation.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe | Calories: 167 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 235 mg | Carbohydrates: 19 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 6 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped (leave some leaves for garnishing)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, fennel and blueberries together.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice then add the salt.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, fennel & blueberries together.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.