Pack your salad with antioxidant-rich superfoods!
We can’t think of a salad that adds more antioxidants, and color, to your plate than this one! Blueberries are a standout superfood, with numerous antioxidants and phytonutrients, and a hearty dose of fiber. Tomatoes contain lycopene and vitamin C, and their flavor is complemented perfectly by sweet fennel, a vegetable with a taste reminiscent of anise. It’s a unique salad that will wow your guests with its fabulous presentation.
Tomato, Blueberry, and Fennel Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 fennel bulb chopped, leave some leaves for garnishing
- extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, fennel, and blueberries together.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice then add the salt.
- In a bowl, toss the tomatoes, fennel & blueberries together.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on Skinny Ms.
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.
I really dislike fennel; is there a substitute or can you leave it out?
I would go with fresh dill.