These trail mix cookie bars have all the fruity, nutty, chocolatey deliciousness of trail mix in a baked treat.
Trail mix is delicious. It makes the perfect snack, thanks to its combination of fruit and nuts. It’s also full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats. But what if you could enjoy that sweet and salty goodness in a cookie?! These trail mix cookie bars have all the fruity, nutty, chocolatey deliciousness of trail mix in a baked treat.
An Easy, On-the-Go Snack!
They’re easier to eat than traditional trail mix – you don’t have to keep reaching into a bag and worrying about spilling your nuts and seeds. Bite into this scrumptious treat to satisfy your sweet tooth and to give you the energy you need to get through the afternoon. They’re so satisfying that they’ll be gone before you know it!
Trail Mix Cookie Bars
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil cold
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 3/4 cup golden raisins or any other dried fruit
- 1 cup almonds chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 X 13 inch pan with parchment paper leaving a 2 inch overhang.
- In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat and almond flours, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine coconut oil, sugar, and honey. Beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add egg and vanilla, mixing just until combined with the oil mixture. Gradually add flour mixture to the egg and oil mixture. Mix just until flour is incorporated. By hand, stir in the remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared dish and lightly press mixture into pan and along the sides. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly brown. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting and serving. If desired, drizzle bars with melted dark chocolate.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of these trail mix cookie bars? Be sure to let us know in the comment section!