This stuffed avocado makes for a refreshing and light lunch!
The combination of fresh tuna and avocado is a super punch of vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats! Our Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado features a fresh seared tuna salad in an avocado bowl. The brightness of the lemon and Greek yogurt in the salad really balance the fattiness of the avocado to create a harmonious balance of flavors and textures.
This stuffed avocado makes for a refreshing and light lunch! It looks beautiful presented in the avocado halves, but you could certainly cut up the avocado and add it to the rest of the salad if you need to make it more portable.
Tuna Salad Stuffed Avocado
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces tuna filet fresh (such as ahi or blue fin tuna) *See option for canned tuna below.
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain, optional Clean Mayo
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red onion minced
- 1 tablespoon celery minced
- 1/4 cup cucumber diced small
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry dill
- 1 avocado
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add tuna filet and sear on each side to golden brown. Tuna should be firm and still slightly pink in the center. Remove from heat at cool.
- Once cool, diced tuna into small cubes. Add remaining ingredients, except avocado, and lightly toss. Set aside.
- OPTION: 2 (5 ounces) cans of tuna may be substituted for fresh tuna. Do not sear canned tuna, mix into other ingredients as directed. We recommend Safe Catch brand.
- Leaving the peel on the avocado, cut in half, removing the pit. If needed carefully cut a "dent" into the center of each half to create a bowl.
- Divide tuna salad between each half, placing in the center of the avocado bowl. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might also enjoy:
What did you think of this recipe? We value your feedback! Share your thoughts with us in the comments section!