This is a great recipe for when you feel like snacking on some dip but don’t want all the extra added calories and additives. It uses only natural ingredients and is definitely healthier than it’s dairy-filled counterpart. The great thing about this recipe is that it truly does not lose the flavor even when “vegan-izing” it.
Happy Food Healthy Life is a place where health and wellness are both a physical and emotional journey. Happy Food, Healthy Life is about motivating, feeling, understanding, and realizing that you have the power to make changes!
Yields: 4-6 servings | Serving Size: 2-3 Tbsp | Calories: 70 | Total Fat: 2.0 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 658 mg | Carbohydrates: 8.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g | Sugars: 1.9 g | Protein: 5.5 g | SmartPoints: 2 |
- 1 small onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (6-ounce) jar of quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 (12.3 ounce) package low-fat silken tofu
- 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap the onion and garlic in aluminum foil. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until soft
- Place the spinach in a clean dish towel. Squeeze and twist the dish towel to press out as much water as possible from the spinach.
- Place the spinach, onions, garlic, and artichokes in a food processor or Blend and pulse until well chopped. Add the remaining ingredients and process until just slightly chunky or smooth – your preference.
- Serve with freshly baked tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh-cut veggies.
Look here for more dip recipes!