Stuff your guests with veggies this season!
Would you believe that I swapped in this veggie stuffing for the classic white bread boxed stuff my family has sworn by for years…and no one even noticed?
It’s true! I served this delicious stuffing to a table full of finicky eaters – people so set in their food ways that they railed in horror when I tried to add sausage to last year’s recipe -and not a single one of them complained. They dished, and dined, and scooped a big bowl of stuffing clean. Not one the wiser. All of them were now filled with parsnips and carrots and mushrooms, and every one of them assumed they had just Stove Top’ed themselves stuffed.
If you’re looking for a delicious all-veggie stuffing to swap into your Thanksgiving menu this year, this recipe is an absolute winner! Delicious, easy, and so close to the original that no one will ever guess this isn’t it!
Holiday Vegetable Stuffing
- 1 parsnip large
- 1 carrot small
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or yellow raisins
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place parsnip, carrot, onion, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add parsnip mixture to the skillet and cook until the parsnips and celery have tenderized, about 5-6 minutes.
- Place mushrooms and walnuts the food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add pecans to the food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add mushroom mixture and Italian seasoning to the skillet. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and cook 1 minute more, until stuffing is piping hot. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms