A great way to avoid sneaky ingredients like high fructose corn syrup, excessive amounts of salt, and tons of fat is to bypass the bottled dressing section of the grocery store. Making your own vinaigrette is as simple as whisking a few ingredients together. This recipe calls for white balsamic vinegar – a slightly thinner and less sweet version of its darker counterpart, perfect for a more delicate dressing.
Try this dressing on one of our 5 Crisp, Fresh Spring Salads. For more homemade salad dressing recipes, see 3 Easy Vinaigrette Recipes for Slimming Summer Salads.
Yields: 10 servings | Serving size: 1 tablespoon | Calories: 61 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 6 mg | Carbohydrates: 0 g | Dietary fiber: 0 gm | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 0 g| SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1/4 cup White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator in glass jar with lid until ready to use.