Toss it together and enjoy the bright taste!
For the ultimate in clean, fresh foods, feast on our Wilted Chard, Chickpea, and Pomegranate Salad. As one of the world’s most nutritious veggies, chard has many unique health benefits. Chock-full of an amazing range of antioxidants, chard cleanses your body and regulates blood sugar levels. Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are healthy legumes that satisfy your appetite, fill you with fiber, aid digestion, and work overall wonders in your body.
These leafy greens and tasty beans combine to form a savory salad base. Our topping of choice provides even more unbeatable body protection. The decadent superfruit pomegranate is bursting with fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins. It’s the perfect garnish for this healthy super salad. Toss it together and enjoy the bright taste!
Wilted Chard, Chickpea, and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 bunch swiss chard cleaned and tough stems and ribs removed
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans can, drained and rinsed (aka chickpeas)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup store-bought dressing or homemade vinaigrette
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Heat oil over medium heat with chard, until slightly wilted, for about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Mix chard with chickpeas, salt, and pepper. Wilted chard can be added to the salad warm. Serve dressing on the side or toss in the salad. If tossing dressing in the salad, do so before the pomegranate seeds are sprinkled on top.
- Top with the pomegranate seeds.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more nutrient-dense recipes and wonderful workouts, like us on Facebook and follow us on Pinterest. Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for healthy lifestyle news delivered straight to your inbox!
Did you adore this recipe? Have a great idea to share? Leave us a comment about this article or anything else you’d like to see from Skinny Ms. We would love to hear from you.