A delectable appetizer and surefire crowd-pleaser
With zucchinis making an appearance in markets, gardens, and grocery stores around the country this season, we can’t think of a more delectable appetizer than these Zucchini Crostini. Crostini dishes are super simple to assemble making it an ideal appetizer when entertaining. These crostinis are made with a hearty multi-grain baguette that is gently toasted in a little olive oil. Top this nice crusty bread with a goat cheese spread full of fresh basil, chives, thyme and garlic. Pile each little bite with ribbons of fresh zucchini and you have a healthy zucchini recipe that is sure to please a crowd!
Also, be sure to check out our other deliciously nutritious Appetizer Recipes.
Zucchini Crostini with Goat Cheese Spread
- 24 thin slices of multi-grain baguette 1/4 inch thick
- 6 zucchini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chives fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325° Fahrenheit. Spread the slices of baguette on two rimmed baking sheets and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the bread is golden and crusty.
- In a small bowl, combine the soft goat cheese with 1 tsp olive oil, lemon zest, and fresh herbs. Mix well until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, cut the zucchini into ribbons. Do this by trimming each end of the zucchini and then create long thin strips by using a vegetable peeler.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil to medium heat. Add the zucchini, salt, and pepper to the warm skillet and cook until zucchini is just slightly soft (approximately 3-4 minutes). Remove immediately from heat.
- Assemble each crostini by spreading each slice of baguette with goat cheese spread and pile high with ribbons of zucchini.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.