by Skinny Ms.
What do you think of when you imagine a stuffed vegetable dish? You probably think of twice-baked potatoes stuffed with fatty ingredients that expand the waistline and nudge the number on the scale. But we’ve cooked up a few stuffed dishes that nourish the body with veggie goodness. From pepper to squash to eggplant, we’re sharing 10 delicious ways to stuff veggies instead of your belly.
1. Greek Rice Stuffed Peppers
Indulge in that Greek-isle taste with this recipe, which is packed with whole grains and fresh veggies.
2. Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Stuffed vegetable dishes can be filling and healthy, like this lean ground beef and veggie loaded zucchini.
3. Chicken and Black Bean Stuffed Peppers
4. Butternut Squash with Whole Wheat, Wild Rice, & Onion Stuffing
This colorful, nutritious side dish is perfect any time of year.
5. Tuna Stuffed Bell Peppers
Dig into this heart-healthy twist on stuffed vegetable recipes.
6. Quinoa Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Stuffed vegetable dishes like these Portobello mushrooms are hearty enough to enjoy as an entrée. Find the how-to here.
7. Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant
Kale, tempeh, mushrooms, and spices combine to pack this yummy side dish or light entrée.
8. Southwestern Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Lean turkey, quinoa, black beans, tomatoes, and spices? This dish has everything you want in a filling, stuffed veggie.
9. Gluten-Free Pine Nut Stuffed Mushrooms
No need to wait for a special occasion to treat yourself to these tasty delights. They take about 30 minutes to prepare—perfect for a weekend meal.
10. Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, Southwestern Style
Stuffed vegetable dishes like this one are packed with nutrients and high on taste.
Don’t miss the latest from Skinny Ms.—subscribe to our newsletter today.