by Skinny Ms.
Recipe adapted from the book Hungry for Change. Visit Hungry For Change TV for more information.
Yields: 2 salads | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 220 | Previous Points: 5 | Points Plus: 6 | Total Fat: 17.3 g | Saturated Fat: 2.3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 49 mg | Carbohydrates: 16.3 g | Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g | Sugars: 3.8 g | Protein: 4.9 g |
- 1 cup spinach, torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 avocado, chopped (refrigerate the other half for another salad) (optional)
- 1/3 red onion thinly sliced (refrigerate the remaining 2/3 for another salad)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 8 almonds, sliced
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup (chopped) roasted chicken breast, optional
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
Add the salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine. In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad. This recipe can easily be made into a family salad by increasing the ingredients.
Note: It's easy to prepare this salad for tomorrow's lunch by simply preparing your veggies the night before and adding to separate zip-lock bags. When it's time for lunch, toss all the veggies in a bowl, add almonds and drizzle with dressing.