Colors of the rainbow foods, or superfoods, have long been thought to have disease-preventing properties. We’ve combined six superfoods, added a simple to prepare dressing and created this multi-colored salad that is pure SkinnyLiciousness.
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 94 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 166mg | Carbohydrates: 12g | Dietary Fiber: 3g | Sugars: 5g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 4 |
Honey-Lemon Dressing Yields: 4 | Serving size: ¼ of recipe | Calories: 93 | Total Fat: 7 gm | Saturated Fats: 1 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: mg | Sodium: 1 mg | Carbohydrates: 9 gm | Dietary fiber: 0 gm | Sugars: 9 gm | Protein: 0 gm | SmartPoints: 4 |
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, cut in half and thinly sliced
- Optional basil leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
Combine all salad ingredients in a salad bowl, toss to combine, drizzle with Honey-Lemon Dressing (below), and top with blue cheese crumbles.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until smooth and combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
These recipes are featured in our cookbook, Skinny Ms. Superfoods.