This thick custard like oatmeal is enjoyable year around.
Minimum slow cooker size: 4 quarts
Yield: Servings 8 | 1 serving = 1/2 cup | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 155 | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 4 |Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 | Sodium: 83 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 | Cholesterol: 2 mg | | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 15 g | Protein: 6 g
- 2 cups Old-fashioned Oats
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat free
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/3 cup raw honey, more or less to taste
- 1 3/4 cups milk, I used 1% milk
Add the first 4 ingredients to slow cooker and stir to combine.
In a medium bowl combine the remaining ingredients, pour over oat mixture and whisk just to combine.
Cover and cook on low 1 1/2 to 2 hours on low or until desired consistency. Garnish with toasted walnuts pieces.