Did you know that you can get a fabulous, full-body workout in just 10 minutes? Simply follow along with the workout below. Go through each exercise the recommended number of times, or repetitions, and then circle back to complete them all twice more for a total of 3 rounds. This workout requires plenty of energy, so stock up on healthy snacks like the ones in our list of 12 Clean Eating Snacks for Weight Loss!
Equipment Needed: One set of light weights (3-5lbs), one set of medium weights(8-12lbs); yoga type mat
What to Do: Complete 12 repetitions of each exercise. Perform the number of rounds indicated for your fitness level. Be sure to review the videos for visual demonstrations of each move. This power workout will take approximately 10 minutes for two rounds.
Beginner Level: Complete one round.
Intermediate Level: Complete two rounds.
Advanced Level: Complete four rounds.
1. Squat Press: This combo power workout move will tone your legs, glutes, and shoulders all at once! With medium free weights in hand at your shoulders, sit down into a squat. As you straighten your legs to stand back up, press your weights in the air. Complete 12 squat presses before moving on to jump lunges!
2. Plyometric Lunge: Jump lunges are great for knockout legs! Start in a stationary lunge, with your legs staggered and both bent 90 degrees. Instead of standing up and switching legs, put some power into your move by exploding up in the air and landing with your other foot leading. Keep alternating leading legs until you’ve done a total of 12 jump lunges on each leg.
3. Push-ups: Push-ups tone your entire upper body- arms, shoulders, abs, and all. You can do your push-ups in a modified position with your knees on the ground, or all the way up on your toes if you’re an experienced exerciser. Your goal is to do 12!
4. Crunch & Punch:This move is a fun one that will also tone your abs and arms! Start on the floor with your knees bent and arms in front of you like you’re ready for a fight! Crunch up, lifting your shoulder blades off of the ground. In your lifted position, punch one arm out in front of you, then the other. Bring your hands back in and lower back down to the ground. To make this move more challenging, hold a light dumbbell in each hand. Complete 12 crunch & punches!
If you’re up for a challenge try our 7-Day Strength & Stamina Workout. Guaranteed to make you tougher and more fit.
5. Squat Jump:Squat jumps will pump up your heart rate, burn fat, and sculpt toned legs! Sit down into a squat and instead of straightening your legs at the top, jump straight up in the air and land back in a squat. Be sure to land with bent knees to protect yourself from injury. Go for 12 repetitions.
6. One Arm Row: Rows tone your arm muscles and your upper back, leading to perfect posture and sleek arms. Begin in a split stance as seen in the video demonstration and hold a medium free weight in one hand. Bring your elbow up and back as you tighten the muscles of your upper back. Lower back down and repeat, totaling 12 rows on each side.
Crunch & Punch
One Arm Dumbbell Row
If you want to truly test your strength, try out out WeightLESS Workout Challenge .
Now that you’ve completed the 10-Minute Power Workout, check out some of the other SkinnyMs. Fitness Challenges to create your best body!
You can also follow SkinnyMs. on Facebook and Pinterest so you can see all of the latest workouts, clean eating recipes, and so much more! By signing up for the SkinnyMs. eNewsletter, you can get all of the greatest healthy lifestyle tips sent straight to your inbox!