Who couldn’t use an extra energy boost in the morning? With a Peanut Butter Breakfast Bar to start your day, you can skip the extra cup of coffee. A known source of protein, peanut butter makes these bars an energizing start to your day. Meanwhile, this delicious spread also happens to control hunger. In addition to being healthy and delicious, these breakfast bars are also a breeze to make. With just three ingredients, these bars pack the convenience of a take-out breakfast without the fat and calories. Peanut butter and dates add just the right amount of sweetness, while fiber-rich oats keep you fuller longer. Finally, a quick and easy choice that’s actually good for you! Whip up a quick batch of these Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars, and you’ll stay on track all week!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 bar | Calories: 232 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3mg | Carbohydrates: 39g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 30g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 11
- 1 1/2 cups date, pit removed
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- Line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the dates in a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Note: if dates are not moist and sticky before being chopped, soak the whole dates in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- After the dates have been chopped, add the peanut butter and the oats. Pulse until just combined.Press the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Place in the freezer until set, about 1 hour. Cut and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
For more on-the-go breakfast ideas, check out our 14 Grab & Go Breakfast Recipes.