Like it or not, your body needs fat to stay healthy and strong. Just like most things in life, though, moderation is key. Carrying around too much fat on your body discourages healthy body function and can lead to a number of serious health risks. Whether you’re looking to lower your blood pressure, or you want to look good in that bathing suit this summer, sometimes you just want to eliminate fat fast. We can help!
Here are 30 Ways to Burn Fat Fast:
1. Eat Clean. Avoid empty calories and fill up on body nourishing foods made from 100% whole ingredients. Check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Page for delicious and nutritious meal options.
2. Eat More Fat. Your body needs fat to maintain its function, but the kind of fat you take in is key. Be sure to include healthy fats in your diet, like those found in avocados. Learn more about good fat vs. bad fat here.
3. Drink More Tea. Studies show that people who drink green tea have a higher metabolism than those who don’t. A higher metabolism means you’ll burn more calories with less work. Click here for 3 more reasons why Green Tea is a Superfood.
4. Lift Weights. Lifting weights causes muscles to fire and burn more calories, even when they’re at rest. Try one of these At Home Workouts.
5. Eat More Iron. Iron is helpful in getting oxygen to your cells so that your metabolism can stay strong. Aim for 3-4 servings of iron-rich foods like, spinach and kale. Our Skinny Kale Chips are perfect for when you’re on-the-go.
6. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate. Drinking water helps to keep the liver strong, and that’s good for you because, your liver can help turn stored fat into energy. Learn how water causes weight loss here.
7. Avoid Alcohol. Alcohol is high in calories and slows the metabolism. When you’re trying to burn fat fast, always choose water over wine.
8. Try Tabata. Tabata training uses high intensity 4-minute intervals to boost both your aerobic and anaerobic systems, allowing you to burn more calories, even when you’re at rest. Try this super fun Tabata Workout.
9. Cut Back on Calories. You know the drill…calories in, calories out. If you’re taking in more calories than your body can burn, your body will start to store the excess as fat. Learn how what caloric goals should be depending on your age and fitness level.
10. Break It Up. Try splitting your workout into shorter segments. Two 20-minute workouts during the day can help speed up your metabolism twice, as opposed to once in a 40-minute workout. Try this intense 4-Minute Workout.
11. Go Core Crazy. Having a strong core can help keep your muscles engaged and burning fat all day long. Try our Work Your Core Workout.
12. Eat Breakfast. Your morning meal provides you with the energy to get through the day. Plus, when we’re hungry, we tend to reach for processed, high-calorie snacks that’ll pack on the pounds. Start your day off right. Here are 3 Reasons to Eat Eggs.
13. Eat More. Snacking on small portions of nutrient-rich foods throughout the day helps to keep energy up and maintain a high metabolism. Need some healthy snack ideas? Check out our SkinnyMs. Snack Round-Up.
14. Cut Back on Simple Carbs. Simple carbs offer plenty of calories, but with little nutritional benefit. Learn why you should select complex carbohydrates here.
15. Give Up Soda. Soda offers zero nutrition and is high in sugar. Unfortunately, all that extra sugar can end up on your belly. Even diet sodas can wreak havoc on your body. Are you a soda addict? Take our No Soda Challenge and see results!
16. HIIT It Up. High-Intensity Interval Training is a quick metabolism booster that can help you burn fat even when you’re through exercising. Try our Fat Blasting HIIT Workout.
17. Walk It Off. Walking is one of these easiest and most convenient ways to burn fat and build a healthy body. Aim for 10,000 steps per day. Here are 5 Can-Do Tips to Help You Walk the Weight Off.
18. Get Your Zzz’s. Sleep helps your body to recover and be energized for the following day. Without energy, it has a tough time maintaining normal body function, including burning fat. Learn more about how sleep affects weight loss here.
19. Keep Stress in Check. Studies show that stress has a terrible effect on the body and can even increase abdominal fat. To reduce stress levels, try this Relaxing Yoga Workout.
20. Spice It Up- Spicy foods send your metabolism into overdrive. Try this Spicy Chili with Fire-Roasted Tomatoes.
21. Try Something New. The more you take part in an activity, the more your body adapts to it. Try taking up a new sport or trying a new workout. Your muscles will be forced to work harder, and that burns calories! Why not try a Water Workout?
22. Crank It Up. Working out with the right tunes is a great way to up the intensity of your workout without even realizing it. Check out this Cardio Playlist.
23. Eat More Protein. By adding a little protein to each meal, the digestive system has to work harder, and in turn, will burn more calories. Protein is also key to maintaining healthy muscles. Need a quick boost? Try our Quinoa Protein Bars.
24. Become a Planner. When you’re busy, it’s easy to skip the gym and head to the drive-thru. Battle back against the bulge by planning ahead by keeping a few healthy snacks in your bag to get you through. Try one of these Healthy Snacks to Keep on Hand.
26. Eat a Fat Blasting Diet. Believe it or not, there are actually foods that can help your body to fight fat. Learn more about how you can incorporate a Fat Blasting Diet here.
27. Maintain Your Blood Sugar. When your blood sugar is out of whack, your body can’t burn calories the way you want it to. Learn more about blood sugar and the glycemic index here.
28. Drink Your Fat Away. Try one of these delicious Fat Blaster Drinks!
29. Put on Some Weight (Literally). Adding light weights to your hands or ankles is a great way to increase the intensity of your workouts, which helps burn fat.
30. Build a Support System. It’s not easy to go it alone. Help yourself to stay focused on your fat loss goals by finding a friend or family member to support you in your journey, and be sure to visit SkinnyMs. regularly for the latest and greatest in healthy living. Also, be sure to follow our Pinterest Board.