Bursting with bold, smoky flavors, this recipe will shock you when you realize it only calls for five ingredients!
Why settle for salt and butter? This mouthwatering Mexican Corn calls for south-of-the-border flavors that spruce up the side dish. Bursting with bold, smoky flavors, this recipe will shock you when you realize it only calls for five ingredients!
Five simple ingredients form a magnificent combination of flavors that bump up a basic side dish from ordinary to extraordinary. Corn ears are coated with Greek yogurt and sprinkled with finely grated cheese for a creamy, cheesy texture that deliciously complements juicy corn kernels. Chili powder gives corn a fiery kick, while a splash of lime juice adds a perfectly tangy finish. This crowd-pleasing recipe makes the perfect accompaniment to any main meal. It’s a guaranteed hit at your next barbecue!
5-Ingredient Mexican Corn
- 4 ears of corn shucked (white tends to be less sweet and is more often used in Mexico)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt plain
- 1/2 cup añejo cheese or cotija cheese (Mexican cheese) or parmesan cheese, fresh and finely-grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder ancho or Mexican chili powder if available
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add corn cobs and allow to boil uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes, until bright yellow and tender. Set oven to broil.
- Place corn cobs on a broiler-safe pan and place under broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Note: Alternatively, place on oiled grates of a grill over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until roasted.
- Spread ears of corn with Greek yogurt. Sprinkle each cob evenly with cheese, chili powder, juice from lime wedges, and cilantro. Enjoy!
- If you like an even spicier Mexican corn on the cob, sprinkle on a favorite hot sauce.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite way to cook corn? Have some tips and tricks for the SkinnyMs. community? We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment in the section below.