When it comes to comfort foods, one can never have enough pasta recipes in her arsenal. The problem is that many pasta recipes call for the same ingredients, which can get boring pretty quick. Sure, you can get creative and make a complex pasta dish, but who has time for that? Enter our 5-Ingredient Spinach & Pasta Alfredo recipe. Not only is it different from your usual fare, but with just 5 simple ingredients, prepping is a cinch! Plus, with a heap load of spinach, this dish packs in a plethora of vitamins and minerals, with maximum taste!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 358 | Total Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 369mg | Carbohydrates: 61g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 19g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, diced into medium sized cubed
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 1 pound whole grain spaghetti, cooked
- 1/2 cups low fat part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer. Add the cream cheese one cube at a time and whisk until smooth. Gently stir in the spinach and cook until spinach is wilted. Stir often to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and toss to coat in the sauce. Top with the shredded mozzarella and cover until the cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!