Our backsides can be a pesky area to tone if we’re not sure where to start or if we don’t know what we’re doing. To truly lift and shape your buttocks, there are certain body weight backside exercises that you just can’t avoid adding to your fitness routine. These backside workouts will challenge you to get that shapely behind you’ve always wanted while giving you a go-to workout that can serve as a starting point or as a part of your maintenance routine. Remember, backside fitness is dependent on eating healthy, drinking a lot of water to reduce cellulite and doing overall cardio, so make sure you are living a healthy lifestyle to maximize the results of this workout!
5 Moves to Slim & Trim Your Backside
Equipment Needed: yoga mat or soft surface; water for hydration
What to Do: Perform each exercise for the number of times provided. Rest for 30 seconds between each set. See videos below for demonstrations. Do this workout 2-3 times a week for optimal results.
1. Glute Kickbacks – Do 2 sets of 15 on each side
2. Alternating Reverse Lunge– Do 2 sets of 40, alternating legs
3. Side Lunge with Leg Lift – Do 2 sets of 15 on each side
4. Alternating Walking Lunge – Do 2 sets of 20, alternating legs
5 .Glute Bridge – Do 2 sets of 15
Alternating Reverse Lunge
Side Lunge with Leg Lift
Alternating Walking Lunge
Try these other booty firming exercises:
- Glute, Butt, Booty Challenge
- Summer Butt Challenge
- 5 Thigh Slimming Exercises
- Get Tight Glutes Fast: 15 Minute Workout
- Workday Butt Challenge
- Jessica Biel’s Butt Workout
- 6 Butt Beautifying Workouts
What did you think of these 5 moves to slim & trim your backside? Have you just started a new exercise program or challenge? We’d love to hear about it. Leave a comment below.